[auscope-geosciml] Emailing: config

Sen, Marcus A. mase at bgs.ac.uk
Wed Apr 20 05:52:52 EDT 2011

I added Simon's config to my local SVN config but now find that I can't commit an new XML instance document; I get the error "File 'E:\...\BGS_MappedFeature_GeologicUnit.xml" has binary mime type property.

Looking at the settings and the manual I notice that the line:

*.xml        = svn:mime-type=application/xml;svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords=Id URL

sets a binary MIME type on .xml files but also tries to set an eol style which can't be applied to a binary file type. This also applies to some of the other file types in the config file. Getting rid of the svn:eol-style keyword fixes the problem for me but I'm wondering why no one else has had this problem before? Also, I wonder whether it is more useful to have the correct mime type set as a property on .xml etc. files or whether being able to treat them as text for differencing/merging etc. would be more useful?