[auscope-geosciml] GeoSciML-Portrayal Schema

Alistair Ritchie RitchieA at landcareresearch.co.nz
Wed Aug 3 17:17:49 EDT 2011

'because thematic view is a GML 3.2 schema'

When did the Portrayal (thematic view) schema become a GML 3.2 app schema? Did I make that mistake originally or is a new thing?

Given an underlying use case was 'simple client and server' friendliness jumping in to GML 3.2 is something of an impediment to deployment/adoption. It is a Simple Feature Level 0 compliant app schema, using GML 3.2 brings nothing over any value over GML 3.1, it just reduces the number of WMSs we can use to deploy it.