[auscope-geosciml] GeoSciML-Portrayal Schema

Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au
Wed Aug 3 19:09:42 EDT 2011

This looks like a slip-up during generation of the latest schema.

I agree with Alistair that the aims of GeoSciML-Portrayal were to allow
basic mapping applications/clients to consume the services. If the
out-of-the-box ESRI, MapInfo, uDig etc applications can only use GML3.1
then we should revert to that.

The only reason I can see for keeping it GML 3.2 is to ensure INSPIRE
compatibility. But is this necessary?

Bruce
Senior Information Systems Analyst
Prospectivity & Exploration, Earth Resources Development Division
Level 9, 55 Collins St
PO Box 4440
Melbourne, Victoria, 3001
Australia