[auscope-geosciml] draft summary: what does xlink:hrefactually refer to

Stephen Richard steve.richard at azgs.az.gov
Sat Aug 20 14:09:17 EDT 2011

Depends on what you want to identify. The URI with no extension identifies
the resource as an information object (the content). If the extension is
there, the identified resource is a particular representation (format).
Including the file extension in the URI makes the http accept header
explicit in the URI (this is not pure http, but its practical). I suppose
this could be taken to the next level to identify a particular
representation instance by appending the http ETag header parameter to the
URI. It's all a question of being clear about what it is you're identifying
with the URI.

Tucson, Arizona, 85701   USA
phone: 520 209-4127
AZGS Main: (520) 770-3500.  FAX: (520) 770-3505