[auscope-geosciml] GeoSciML v3 RC3 schemas [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Mon Aug 22 01:03:10 EDT 2011

Dear all,

The RC3 schemas (attached) are ready for upload to schemas.geosciml.org and instance doc testing.  I have added in all the required nil/nilReason elements to the schemas generated by Francois in FullMoon, and tested every class, attribute and association in test instance docs.  I have also made some minor model and schema tweaks where I found some missing tags or other UML oversights. *

Note that we have not produced an umbrella "geosciml.xsd" schema due to the issues with namespaces described by Bruce a while ago.  Instance docs will now need to use the schemas from each of the separate GeoSciML application schema packages.

Could everyone please re-acquaint themselves with the instance document list at https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/wiki/CGIModel/EdinburghModelAgendaAndNotes - (Point 17. Schedule for publication and testing of GeoSciML v3 (rc3) and GeoSciML-Portrayal v1).  We are 1 week behind that schedule due to unforeseen northern hemisphere holidays.

Cheers, and happy XML encoding,

* One more update is still to be done in the LaboratoryAnalysis UML package, and will be done when I recover my laptop from a virus infection over the weekend.   Virus 1 - McAfee nil.