[auscope-geosciml] GeoSciML v3 RC3 schemas [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au
Wed Aug 24 19:47:17 EDT 2011

Well done Gilly,
A reminder to all that the instances we agreed to produce are listed at:
https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/wiki/CGIModel/EdinburghModelAgendaAndNotes#A_17._Schedule_for_publication_and_testing_of_GeoSciML_v3_40rc3_41_and_GeoSciML_45Portrayal_v1

As far as I can tell the slightly modified Testbed4 WFS Alistair set up to
deliver GeoSciML v3.0, GeoSciML v2.0 and GeoSciML-Portrayal from GSV test
data is still valid - at least XMLSpy validates the results (
http://geology.data.vic.gov.au/services-test/geosciml/testbed/250k/wfs?SERVICE=WFS&REQUEST=GetCapabilities
)

However, the WFS doesn't use the GeoSciML name spaces Gilly listed, only
xmlns:cgu="http://xmlns.geosciml.org/Utilities/3.0" and  xmlns:gsml30="
http://xmlns.geosciml.org/GeoSciML-Core/3.0".
Presumably using the top level GeoSciML-Core namespace means not having to
use the other namespaces:
        xmlns:gsmlem="http://xmlns.geosciml.org/EarthMaterial/3.0"
        xmlns:gsmlga="http://xmlns.geosciml.org/GeologicAge/3.0"
        xmlns:gsmlgm="http://xmlns.geosciml.org/Geomorphology/3.0"
        xmlns:gsmlgu="http://xmlns.geosciml.org/GeologicUnit/3.0"
        xmlns:gsmlst="http://xmlns.geosciml.org/GeologicStructure/3.0"

Or are the query results invalid?

Note that the results contain the GeoSciML v3.0 features:
        gsml30:GeologicUnit
        gsml30:GeologicEvent
        gsml30:RockMaterial
        cgu:NumericRange
        gsml30:Contact
        gsml30:ShearDisplacementStructure

Along with the GeoSciML-Portrayal features:
        gsmlp:ContactView
        gsmlp:ShearDisplacementStructureView
        gsmlp:GeologicUnitView

I'd appreciate any errors any of you notice with these examples.

Senior Information Systems Analyst
Prospectivity & Exploration, Earth Resources Development Division
Level 9, 55 Collins St
PO Box 4440
Melbourne, Victoria, 3001
Australia