[auscope-geosciml] GeoSciML GML repository [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Wed Aug 24 19:56:52 EDT 2011

Hi Michael,

The GeoSciML v3 schemas are still in release candidate development and the schemas that we put up at schemas.geosciml.org for testing earlier this year were not intended to be a stable release.  There has been some refactoring between rc2 and rc3 - several schemas from GeoSciML-Core have been separated out into their own namespaces.  We have also incorporated many of the INSPIRE requests in the areas of boreholes and geomorphology.

The rc3 schemas that are up now are intended to be the last rc and there will be no remodelling/refactoring between now and the final release of v3.0.0 in December at AGU.  The only changes between now and then will be to correct any technical errors that we may find in the schemas.

The only documentation that we have available right now, apart from the trunk UML model on the GeosciML subversion, is the minutes from our last modelling meeting in Edinburgh - https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/wiki/CGIModel/EdinburghModelAgendaAndNotes, which records our discussions of changes to the rc2 model and schemas.  I will be generating a RC3 tag on the GeoSciML subversion shortly.

Project Leader
National Geological Maps and Data Standards Project
Geoscience Australia

Interoperability Working Group

Ph: +61 2 62499575  |  Fax: +61 2 62479992  |  Email: oliver.raymond at ga.gov.au  |  Google Map