[auscope-geosciml] GeoSciML v3 RC3 schemas [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au
Wed Aug 24 21:12:53 EDT 2011

Hi Alistair,
You have the xmlns:gsml30="http://xmlns.geosciml.org/GeoSciML-Core/3.0"
namespace delivering:
        gsml30:GeologicUnit
        gsml30:GeologicEvent
        gsml30:RockMaterial
        cgu:NumericRange
        gsml30:Contact
        gsml30:ShearDisplacementStructure

Shouldn't these require the following namespaces?
       xmlns:gsmlem="http://xmlns.geosciml.org/EarthMaterial/3.0"
       xmlns:gsmlga="http://xmlns.geosciml.org/GeologicAge/3.0"
       xmlns:gsmlgm="http://xmlns.geosciml.org/Geomorphology/3.0"
       xmlns:gsmlgu="http://xmlns.geosciml.org/GeologicUnit/3.0"
       xmlns:gsmlst="http://xmlns.geosciml.org/GeologicStructure/3.0"

Senior Information Systems Analyst
Prospectivity & Exploration, Earth Resources Development Division
Level 9, 55 Collins St
PO Box 4440
Melbourne, Victoria, 3001
Australia

From:   Alistair Ritchie <RitchieA at landcareresearch.co.nz>
To:     "auscope-geosciml at lists.arcs.org.au"
<auscope-geosciml at lists.arcs.org.au>
Date:   25/08/2011 11:04 AM
Subject:        Re: [auscope-geosciml] GeoSciML v3 RC3 schemas
[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
Sent by:        auscope-geosciml-bounces at lists.arcs.org.au

Hi Bruce,

I didn’t do the namespace bindings for those prefixes because no elements
in any response from that WFS belong to any of those namespaces – as
you’ve shown. If any were, and I hadn’t declared them then you would have
got a validation error.

If you do add new elements from any of those namespaces to the feature
type configurations in the future you will have to add the appropriate
namespace bindings. I’m pretty sure Geoserver won’t even build the feature
type and allow it to be served if namespaces aren’t properly declared.

Cheers,
Alistair

Alistair Ritchie
ENVIRONMENTAL INFORMATION AND SYSTEMS ANALYST
Landcare Research New Zealand Ltd
PO Box 40, Lincoln 7640  |  Gerald Street, Lincoln, NEW ZEALAND
T: +64 3 321 9722  |  F: +64 3 321 9998  |  M: +64 277 754 321
Skype: alistair.bh.ritchie  |  Evo: alistair.bh.ritchie