[auscope-geosciml] GeoSciML v3 RC3 schemas [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Alistair Ritchie RitchieA at landcareresearch.co.nz
Wed Aug 24 22:07:01 EDT 2011

Hi Bruce,

Yes, looking at the schema, you’re right.

I’m surprised Geoserver is loading and serving these features. Normally you’d get an exception along the lines of ‘element XXX was not found in namespace NNN’ and then the feature type would fail to load. I’d expect this if GeoServer was restarted.

Are these namespaces new and therefore have new XSDs reflecting been published post Edinburgh?
If so, have the 250k and 50k Testbed geoserver instances been restarted since these new schemas went up? I suspect you might get issues trying to reload these types with bodged namespace mappings.

Mind you, I’m at a loss to explain why responses from the Tesbed services validate (they’ve passed in Oxygen just now). Is there something I don’t understand about the ‘inheritance’ of namespaces from substitutionGroups or extensionBases?

Cheers,
Alistair