[auscope-geosciml] GeoSciML v3 RC3 schemas [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au
Wed Aug 24 22:46:34 EDT 2011

Hi Ben,
I stopped and restarted GeoServer and the responses are still valid.

How do I remove the app-schema-cache?

Senior Information Systems Analyst
Prospectivity & Exploration, Earth Resources Development Division
Level 9, 55 Collins St
PO Box 4440
Melbourne, Victoria, 3001
Australia

From:   Ben Caradoc-Davies <Ben.Caradoc-Davies at csiro.au>
To:     "auscope-geosciml at lists.arcs.org.au"
<auscope-geosciml at lists.arcs.org.au>
Cc:     Alistair Ritchie <RitchieA at landcareresearch.co.nz>, Bruce Simons
<Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au>
Date:   25/08/2011 12:22 PM
Subject:        Re: [auscope-geosciml] GeoSciML v3 RC3 schemas
[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Bruce,

don't forget to remove your app-schema-cache when remote schemas are
changed. This will force GeoServer app-schema to download the updated
schemas.

Kind regards,
Ben.

On 25/08/11 10:07, Alistair Ritchie wrote:
> Hi Bruce,
>
> Yes, looking at the schema, you’re right.
>
> I’m surprised Geoserver is loading and serving these features. Normally
you’d get an exception along the lines of ‘element XXX was not found in
namespace NNN’ and then the feature type would fail to load. I’d expect
this if GeoServer was restarted.

> Are these namespaces new and therefore have new XSDs reflecting been
published post Edinburgh?
> If so, have the 250k and 50k Testbed geoserver instances been restarted
since these new schemas went up? I suspect you might get issues trying to
reload these types with bodged namespace mappings.

> Mind you, I’m at a loss to explain why responses from the Tesbed
services validate (they’ve passed in Oxygen just now). Is there something
I don’t understand about the ‘inheritance’ of namespaces from
substitutionGroups or extensionBases?