[auscope-geosciml] GeoSciML 3 - Borehole positional accuracy

Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au
Thu Aug 25 02:11:42 EDT 2011


Hi all,
I've started generating an instance document for 
http://xmlns.geosciml.org/Borehole/3.0 and run into a UOM problem.
We have replaced: 
 <sa:surveyDetails>
        <sa:SurveyProcedure>
                <sa:positionMethod> 
                        <om:Process>
                                <gsml20:CGI_TermValue>
                                        <gsml20:value codeSpace="
http://www.dpi.vic.gov.au/earth-resources">Digitised metric</gsml:value>
                                </gsml20:CGI_TermValue>
                        </om:Process> 
                </sa:positionMethod>
                <sa:positionAccuracy uom="
http://www.opengis.net/def/uom/OGC/1.0/metre">300</sa:positionAccuracy>
        </sa:SurveyProcedure>
</sa:surveyDetails> 

with:
                <samsp:hostedProcedure xlink:href="
http://geology.data.vic.gov.au/classifier/gsv/9_67916112856013567" 
xlink:title="Digitised metric" />
                <samsp:positionalAccuracy>
                        <gmd:DQ_AbsoluteExternalPositionalAccuracy>
                                <gmd:result>
                                        <gmd:DQ_QuantitativeResult>
                                                <gmd:valueUnit>
                                                        <gml:BaseUnit 
gml:id="">
                                                                <
gml:identifier codeSpace=""></gml:identifier>
                                                                <
gml:unitsSystem></gml:unitsSystem>
                                                        </gml:BaseUnit>
                                                </gmd:valueUnit>
                                                <gmd:value>
                                                </gmd:value>
                                        </gmd:DQ_QuantitativeResult>
                                </gmd:result>
                        </gmd:DQ_AbsoluteExternalPositionalAccuracy>
                </samsp:positionalAccuracy> 

The   <gmd:DQ_AbsoluteExternalPositionalAccuracy> property looks 
over-inflated, but I can live with that.  However, I can't see where the 
unit of measure goes.

Has anyone tried to populate a gmd result and worked out what goes in each 
of these properties?

Bruce Simons
----------------------------------------------------
Senior Information Systems Analyst
Prospectivity & Exploration, Earth Resources Development Division
IUGS-Commission for Geoscience Information Oceania Councillor
Level 9, 55 Collins St
PO Box 4440
Melbourne, Victoria, 3001
Australia

Ph: +61-3-9658 4502
Fax: +61-3-9658 4555
Mobile: +61 429 177155
Notice:
This email and any attachments may contain information that is personal, 
confidential, legally privileged and/or copyright.No part of it should be reproduced, 
adapted or communicated without the prior written consent of the copyright owner. 

It is the responsibility of the recipient to check for and remove viruses.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by return email, delete 
it from your system and destroy any copies. You are not authorised to use, communicate or rely on the information 
contained in this email.

Please consider the environment before printing this email.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.opengeospatial.org/pipermail/geosciml/attachments/20110825/ad4c50b1/attachment.htm>


More information about the GeoSciML mailing list