[auscope-geosciml] GeoSciML 3 - Borehole positional accuracy [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Thu Aug 25 20:10:21 EDT 2011

Hi Bruce

I just had a Eureka moment when I found this: http://www.opengis.net/def/uom/OGC/1.0/metre.gml .  It's the gml representation of http://www.opengis.net/def/uom/OGC/1.0/metre

<gml:BaseUnit gml:id="m"
    xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
    xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml/3.2"
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/gml/3.2 http://schemas.opengis.net/gml/3.2.1/gml.xsd">
    <gml:description>The metre is the length of the path travelled by light in vacuum during a time interval of 1/299 792 458 of a second.</gml:description>
    <gml:identifier codeSpace="http://www.opengis.net/">http://www.opengis.net/def/uom/OGC/1.0/metre</gml:identifier>
           <!-Ollie comment: Note the codespace for gml:identifier is not "http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2616"  -->
    <gml:name codeSpace="http://www.bipm.fr/en/3_SI/base_units.html">metre</gml:name>
    <gml:name>urn:ogc:def:uom:UCUM::metre</gml:name>
    <gml:name codeSpace="http://urn.opengis.net/">urn:ogc:def:uom:OGC:1.0:metre</gml:name>
    <gml:name>metre</gml:name>
    <gml:name>meter</gml:name>
    <gml:quantityType>length</gml:quantityType>
    <gml:catalogSymbol codeSpace="http://www.bipm.fr/en/3_SI/base_units.html">m</gml:catalogSymbol>
    <gml:unitsSystem xlink:href="http://www.bipm.fr/en/3_SI"/>
</gml:BaseUnit>

One issue is that the http://www.bipm.fr/en/3_SI URI and codespace do not exist (they won't resolve for me), so I would probably replace them with http://aurora.regenstrief.org/~ucum/ucum.html (which does resolve).