[auscope-geosciml] How to use swe:Category instead of CGI_Term

Sen, Marcus A. mase at bgs.ac.uk
Tue Aug 30 05:35:00 EDT 2011

I'm updating the BGS instance document to use RC3 rather than RC2.

I need to change

<gsml:observationMethod>
	<cgu:CGI_Term>
		<cgu:qualifier
			xlink:href="http://resource.geosciml.org/classifier/cgi/ValueQualifier/200811/always" xlink:title="Always"/>
		<cgu:value
			xlink:href="http://resource.geosciml.org/classifier/cgi/MappedFeatureObservationMethod/201001/compilation" xlink:title="Compilation" />
	</cgu:CGI_Term>
</gsml:observationMethod>

to use swe:Category instead of CGI_Term. I'm not sure how the SWE elements work and can't remember the examples from the meeting. The Edinburgh meeting notes (https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/wiki/CGIModel/EdinburghModelAgendaAndNotes) mention that the qualifier was to be put in an extension but I can't remember how this is implemented. Also, I'm using a URI for the value rather than separate codeSpace and value elements as swe:Category does. Would it be best to switch to using codeSpace and value elements or do I use the identifier element for the URI and label instead of xlink:title?

E.g.

<gsml:observationMethod>
	<swe:Category>
		<swe:identifier> http://resource.geosciml.org/classifier/cgi/MappedFeatureObservationMethod/201001/compilation</swe:identifier>