[auscope-geosciml] How to use swe:Category instead of CGI_Term [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Tue Aug 30 21:32:23 EDT 2011

Hi Marcus,

My thoughts...

1. swe:codespace is byReference only, and it should reference the MappedFeatureObservationMethod201012.rdf classifierscheme (on the subversion at https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/subversion/CGI_CDTGVocabulary/tags/SKOSVocabularies).

                <swe:codespace xlink:href="http://resource.geosciml.org/classifierscheme/cgi/201012/mappedfeatureobservationmethod"/>

2. After reading the scope notes for swe:label ("Textual label for the data component . This is often used for displaying a human readable name for a dataset field or a process input/output"), it appears that we should use swe:label for the human-readable bit. (I can't decipher the scope notes for swe:value - " Value is optional, to enable structure to act as a schema for values provided using other encodings".  Any insight on that one?)

                <swe:label>Compilation</swe:label>

3. Use swe:identifier for the http-uri of the value

                <swe:identifier>http://resource.geosciml.org/classifier/cgi/mappedfeatureobservationmethod/0001</swe:identifier>

4.  I think you can also use the "id" attribute of swe:Category if you want to reference it later in your document.

And all the above uri's resolve!! ;)