[auscope-geosciml] How to use swe:Category instead ofCGI_Term - codespace [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Wed Aug 31 23:44:18 EDT 2011

Hi Marcus,

> Is there a particular reason to use

>http://resource.geosciml.org/classifierscheme/cgi/201012/mappedfeatureobser

>vationmethod as a codespace here rather than following the same pattern

>we've used for codeSpace attributes with URI values in the past of using

>http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2616 ?

I think we had this conversation in Quebec?  I thought we agreed to change our practice so that the value of a codespace element should identify the codespace itself, not the method of resolving the identifier for the codespace.  Notes for the "codespace" element in GML state: "the codeSpace attribute shall indicate a dictionary, thesaurus, classification scheme, authority, or pattern for the term".  In our case, we are indicating the classification scheme for the term.

eg:

                <swe:codespace>http://resource.geosciml.org/classifierscheme/cgi/201012/mappedfeatureobservationmethod</swe:codespace>

                <ollie:codespaceIdentifierResolutionMethod>http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2616</ollie:codespaceIdentifierResolutionMethod>