[auscope-geosciml] GeoSciML RC2 second round [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Mon Jan 10 20:47:32 EST 2011

Hi Francois,

After Simon sent us the updated OMXMLv2 schemas I investigated more deeply the OM_Process and SF_Process issue that you describe below.  It turns out that both OM_Process and SF_Process are indeed encoded as "any" content in observation.xsd and specimen.xsd respectively.  As far as I can tell, this means that we cannot use OM_Process or SF_Process as an extension base for our three GeoSciML "process" extension classes.

I suggest that we should use <extension base="gml:AbstractFeatureType"> for each of our three classes AnalyticalProcess, GeologicSamplingMethod, and GeologicSpecimenPreparation.  Then they can be used as "any" content in OM_Process and SF_Process.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CBB18D.0288B590]

Simon, could you please confirm that my thinking is correct, and I will make the necessary schema adjustments.

National Geological Maps and Data Standards Project
Geoscience Australia<blocked::http://www.ga.gov.au/minerals/research/national/nat_maps/nat_geol_maps.jsp>

Interoperability Working Group
<blocked::https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/wiki/bin/view/CGIModel/InteroperabilityWG>______________________________________________________________________________________

Ph: +61 2 62499575 | Fax: +61 2 62479992 | Email: oliver.raymond at ga.gov.au<blocked::mailto:oliver.raymond at ga.gov.au> | Google Map<blocked::http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=canberra+australia&ie=UTF8&ll=-35.344028,149.158362&spn=0.007684,0.016404&t=h&z=17&iwloc=addr&om=1>
Geoscience Australia web services  -  http://www.ga.gov.au/resources/applications/ogc-wms.jsp<blocked::http://www.ga.gov.au/resources/applications/ogc-wms.jsp>