[auscope-geosciml] Borehole gsml:coredInterval GM_Envelope vs GM_Object [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Thu Jan 20 21:30:40 EST 2011

..another email that slipped through in my Xmas email storm...

Bruce, did you get a reply from anyone on this?  I don't recall any decision on this at Rome.  We talked about borehole surveys vs gml:curve, but not about your question as I recall.

Having said that, I think your proposal is to change the data type is correct.  I'm not sure why we modelled CoredInterval as gml:Envelope.  Is there a member of the Boreholes subgroup (from circa Melbourne 2007) that can tell us the reason why gml:Envelope was used (or if it is just an error).

National Geological Maps and Data Standards Project
Geoscience Australia<blocked::http://www.ga.gov.au/minerals/research/national/nat_maps/nat_geol_maps.jsp>

Interoperability Working Group
<blocked::https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/wiki/bin/view/CGIModel/InteroperabilityWG>______________________________________________________________________________________

Ph: +61 2 62499575 | Fax: +61 2 62479992 | Email: oliver.raymond at ga.gov.au<blocked::mailto:oliver.raymond at ga.gov.au> | Google Map<blocked::http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=canberra+australia&ie=UTF8&ll=-35.344028,149.158362&spn=0.007684,0.016404&t=h&z=17&iwloc=addr&om=1>
Geoscience Australia web services  -  http://www.ga.gov.au/resources/applications/ogc-wms.jsp<blocked::http://www.ga.gov.au/resources/applications/ogc-wms.jsp>