[auscope-geosciml] Borehole gsml:coredInterval GM_Envelope vs GM_Object [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au
Thu Jan 20 21:59:15 EST 2011

No reply.
I remember the discussion, but not the result, and Wiki wasn't helpful (at
least I couldn't find it - maybe I was taking notes).

From:   <Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au>
To:     <auscope-geosciml at lists.arcs.org.au>
Date:   21/01/2011 01:30 PM
Subject:        Re: [auscope-geosciml] Borehole gsml:coredInterval
GM_Envelope     vs      GM_Object [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
Sent by:        auscope-geosciml-bounces at lists.arcs.org.au

..another email that slipped through in my Xmas email storm...

Bruce, did you get a reply from anyone on this?  I don't recall any
decision on this at Rome.  We talked about borehole surveys vs gml:curve,
but not about your question as I recall.

Having said that, I think your proposal is to change the data type is
correct.  I'm not sure why we modelled CoredInterval as gml:Envelope.  Is
there a member of the Boreholes subgroup (from circa Melbourne 2007) that
can tell us the reason why gml:Envelope was used (or if it is just an
error).

National Geological Maps and Data Standards Project
Geoscience Australia

Interoperability Working Group
IUGS Commission for the Management and Application of Geoscience
Information

Ph: +61 2 62499575 | Fax: +61 2 62479992 | Email: oliver.raymond at ga.gov.au
| Google Map
Geoscience Australia web services  -