[auscope-geosciml] "Proportion" data type in GeoSciML v3 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au
Mon Jan 24 21:39:58 EST 2011

Hi Ollie,
The reasoning for numbers was that these are 'universally' searchable. The
intention here was that instead of mapping your local terms ('major',
'minor', 'dominant' etc) to a common CGI vocabulary, and then searching on
that vocabulary, the data provider maps their terms directly to a numeric
range.

Hey presto - instant interoperability without the need for a vocabulary
service!