[auscope-geosciml] "Proportion" data type in GeoSciML v3 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Alistair Ritchie alistair.bh.ritchie at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 21:47:54 EST 2011

Should be part of the definition of 'dominant' etc. For example, from the
definitions in GSV's Classification Manager:

dominant: 'Component constitutes *greater than or equal to 75 percent* of
the volume of the material.'

<gsml:CGI_NumericRange>
    <gsml:lower>
        <gsml:CGI_NumericValue>
            <gsml:principalValue uom="http://some.uri/uom/percent
">75</gsml:principalValue>
        </gsml:CGI_NumericValue>
    </gsml:lower>
    <gsml:upper>
        <gsml:CGI_NumericValue>
            <gsml:principalValue uom="http://some.uri/uom/percent
">100</gsml:principalValue>
        </gsml:CGI_NumericValue>
    </gsml:upper>
</gsml:CGI_NumericRange>

and so on ...

*Alistair Ritchie*
*GEOSCIENCE VICTORIA* | EARTH RESOURCES DIVISION
Department of Primary Industries | Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Tel: +61 3 9658 4512 | Fax: +61 3 9658 4555

"XML is like violence. If it doesn't solve the problem, use more." - Unknown