[auscope-geosciml] "Proportion" data type in GeoSciML v3 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Alistair Ritchie alistair.bh.ritchie at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 22:12:16 EST 2011

Hey Ollie,

This is what I've extracted from the CM:

trace [proportion] Component constitutes less than or equal to 5 percent of
the volume of the material.
minor [proportion] Component constitutes less than or equal to 25 percent of
the volume of the material.
major [proportion] Component constitutes greater than or equal to 50 percent
of the volume of the material.
subordinate Component constitutes less than or equal to 50 percent of the
volume of the material.
dominant  Component constitutes greater than or equal to 75 percent of the
volume of the material.
rare  Component constitutes less than or equal to 1 percent of the volume of
the material.
all  Component constitutes effectively 100 percent of the volume of
the material.
variable Component varies in proportion throughout the material.
significant Component constitutes greater than 5 percent but less than 50
percent of the volume of the material.

Cheers,

*Alistair Ritchie*
*GEOSCIENCE VICTORIA* | EARTH RESOURCES DIVISION
Department of Primary Industries | Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Tel: +61 3 9658 4512 | Fax: +61 3 9658 4555

"XML is like violence. If it doesn't solve the problem, use more." - Unknown