[auscope-geosciml] nilReason attribute on non-nillable properties

Sen, Marcus A. mase at bgs.ac.uk
Mon Jun 6 06:42:11 EDT 2011

Some properties (e.g. GeologicFeature/targetLink, GeologicFeature/classifier) are not nillable but have an optional nilReason attribute (because they use the predefined gml:AssociationAttributeGroup to allow by reference property specification and this inculdes the nil reason attribute as well).

I may be being over fussy but I would prefer the Schema not to have a nilReason attribute if the property is defined as not nillable.

Agree?