[auscope-geosciml] nilReason attribute on non-nillable properties [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Mon Jun 6 18:41:07 EDT 2011

I agree too.

But it is a GML thing, not a GeoSciML thing?  How would we change our GeoSciML model so that these non-mandatory elements do not get the optional "nilReason" attribute?  Is it something that we just have to have a best practice rule for GeoSciML that states "It is not logical to populate the optional 'nilReason' attribute in these elements, so please don't".

Project Leader
National Geological Maps and Data Standards Project<http://www.ga.gov.au/minerals/projects/current-projects/geological-maps-standards.html>
Geoscience Australia

Interoperability Working Group<https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/wiki/bin/view/CGIModel/InteroperabilityWG>

Ph: +61 2 62499575  |  Fax: +61 2 62479992  |  Email: oliver.raymond at ga.gov.au<mailto:oliver.raymond at ga.gov.au>  |  Google Map<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=canberra+australia&ie=UTF8&ll=-35.344028,149.158362&spn=0.007684,0.016404&t=h&z=17&iwloc=addr&om=1>