[auscope-geosciml] FullMoon processing of nillable tags, Association class, GM_LineString [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Mon Jun 6 19:48:25 EDT 2011

Dear FullMoon team,

I have attached the preliminary GeoSciML v3 rc3 schemas generated last week with the latest version of FullMoon.  I have also attached a copy of the GeoSciML v3 rc2 borehole.xsd schema for comparison, in which I manually added the "nilReason" attributes where required (in the time before FullMoon was upgraded to fully support "nilReason".  Please let me know if you find any manual editing errors in this schema).

1. GML nilReason

Francois has done some digging and it appears that FullMoon is not processing the GML3.2 "nilReason" property for elements stereotyped as DataType, Type, and unstereotyped elements (see his analysis below).

In the GeoSciML rc3 schema documents:

1. Some nillable elements have the correct "nilReason" attribute, for example:
 - nillable attributes of type gml:referenceType
 - nillable associations to GeoSciML <<FeatureType>> classes (eg, logElement/MappedInterval)
 - BoreholeDetails/dateOfDrilling (gml:TimePeriodPropertyType)

2. some have "gco:nilReason", for example:
 - elements which use ISO19115 types  (eg; gmd:CI_ResponsibleParty_PropertyType, gmd:MD_RepresentativeFraction)

3. but some nillable elements don't have any "nilReason" attribute, for example:
 - any nillable elements of type swe:Quantity (stereotype = <<Type>>; eg, BoreholeDetails/nominalDiameter/Quantity)
 - any nillable attributes which use GeoSciML <<DataType>> classes (eg, cgu:CGI_Term, cgu:CGI_NumericRange)
 - any nillable associations to GeoSciML <<DataType>> classes (eg, Borehole/indexData/BoreholeDetails, GeologicUnit/metamorphicCharacter/MetamorphicDescription)
 - BoreholeCollar/elevation (gml:DirectPositionType - an unstereotyped GML element)

2. Association classes

What is FullMoon's current ability to encode an Association class - Trac ticket #35?  The one association class in the GeoSciML v3 model was not encoded by FullMoon, so I presume there is not currently support for Association classes?

3. GM_LineString

Can anyone see why GM_LineString was not encoded for the attribute "coredInterval" in the rc3 version of borehole.xsd?  It looks OK in the UML.
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CC24F7.512A4AF0]

Regards,

Project Leader
National Geological Maps and Data Standards Project<http://www.ga.gov.au/minerals/projects/current-projects/geological-maps-standards.html>
Geoscience Australia

Interoperability Working Group<https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/wiki/bin/view/CGIModel/InteroperabilityWG>

Ph: +61 2 62499575  |  Fax: +61 2 62479992  |  Email: oliver.raymond at ga.gov.au<mailto:oliver.raymond at ga.gov.au>  |  Google Map<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=canberra+australia&ie=UTF8&ll=-35.344028,149.158362&spn=0.007684,0.016404&t=h&z=17&iwloc=addr&om=1>