[auscope-geosciml] nilReason attribute on non-nillable properties [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Sen, Marcus A. mase at bgs.ac.uk
Tue Jun 7 09:59:27 EDT 2011

Ah yes, I see it is specified in the Appendix E UML->GML encoding rules of the GML 3.2.1 spec. to use gml:AssociationAttributeGroup where the property can be by reference. I suppose, as it isn't a killer problem, we won't want to make our own customisation of the standard encoding rules so it would have to be changed in some future version of GML. Even so, I think it would be an improvement in Schema quality and understandability so can we make this a GML change request?

On a related note, the gml:AssociationAttributeGroup also adds the gml:remoteSchema attribute. Would it be better to explicitly tag which properties of a feature could be encoded with a different schema rather than just allow it implicitly on any property that can be by reference?