[auscope-geosciml] [GeoSciML] #50: Sampling feature can't report from which collection(s) it comes from [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Tue Jun 7 19:15:50 EDT 2011

Hi Eric,

I agree.  It appears you may have to use the "SamplingFeatureComplex" association class to group your samples together with a role of "member of the XYZ SamplingFeatureCollection"?  Or you would have to refactor your WFS to deliver SF_SamplingFeatureCollection/member/SF_SamplingFeatures instead.  I think I'd prefer to have an optional navigable association from SF_SamplingFeature to SF_SamplingFeatureCollection too.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CC25BC.A78DF700]

O&M v1 didn't have this problem, because SamplingFeatureCollection was a subtype of SamplingFeature, and so the relatedSamplingFeature association could be used to link a Sample to its SamplingFeatureCollection.  It would be interesting to learn the rationale behind the change in O&M v2.