[auscope-geosciml] Opportunities for re-factoring GeoSciML?

Simon.Cox at csiro.au Simon.Cox at csiro.au
Mon Jun 13 02:50:47 EDT 2011

GeoSciMLers:

Following the recent changes to the model relating to relations and derivations, I'd like to ask if this opens up (again) the opportunity for some package refactoring?
E.g.
i . make GeoSciML-core just contain the GeologicFeature, GeologicRelation and GeologicAge leaf packages (this makes sense as geology is a historical science) and
ii, iii, iv., move GeologicMaterial, GeologicUnit and GeologicStructure,  into their own Application Schemas.

DefiningStructure and BoundaryRelationship should be moved in GeologicStructure, but otherwise I think the dependencies are pretty clean now.

Simon

[cid:image001.gif at 01CC29D8.C75CE350]

Simon Cox | Research Scientist
ARRC, PO Box 1130, Bentley WA 6102, Australia
Tel +61 8 6436 8639 | Mob +61 403 302 672
Email simon.cox at csiro.au<mailto:simon.cox at csiro.au> | Web http://www.csiro.au<http://www.csiro.au/>