[auscope-geosciml] GeoSciML v3 RC1 Borehole Testbed 4 issues [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Tue Jun 14 01:44:17 EDT 2011

Hi Bruce,

I think you use cases for points 1 to 4 are valid.  However, I think there may be a simpler solution which effectively reverses the directions of your proposed new “logElement” links:

1.  The attributes in your DrillingDetails class could just be made attributes of MappedInterval.
2.  Your BoreholeSamples class is a SF_Specimen.
3.  I have not shown drillingMethod as an attribute of MappedInterval because SF_Specimen may have it covered it under samplingMethod.
4.  You could have boreholeMaterialCustodian as an attribute of MappedInterval, but SF_Specimen/currentLocation probably covers that. (Do you have a use case where there is more than one boreholeMaterialCustodian for a borehole?)

[cid:image003.jpg at 01CC2AA8.F98161A0]