[auscope-geosciml] GeoSciML v3 RC1 Borehole Testbed 4 issues [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Laxton, John L. jll at bgs.ac.uk
Tue Jun 14 04:41:52 EDT 2011

Folks,

My concern here is that (as too often with GeoSciML) it is making it difficult to do something simple. In most cases boreholes have a single set of DrillingDetails and it shouldn’t be necessary to have to associate them with every MappedInterval down the borehole.

Wouldn’t it be simpler to put the DrillingDetails properties into CollarLocation and allow a borehole to have multiple CollarLocations – the DrillingDetails aren’t constantly changing, they change at particular points down the borehole which could be represented by distinct CollarLocations. This also means a change of DrillingDetails doesn’t have to coincide with a change in MappedInterval (which it normally wouldn’t).

John