[auscope-geosciml] GeoSciML v3 RC1 Borehole Testbed 4 issues [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Tue Jun 14 21:11:01 EDT 2011

Ok, I have been a bit slow on the uptake, but I think I get it now (thanks Bruce and John).  I propose a update #2 on Bruce’s model…

 1.  DrillingDetails (ie, those BoreholeDetails attributes that vary down hole) has a link to GM_Object (not MappedFeature) to deliver the “from and to” interval location.  I prefer it this way because Bruce’s model links DrillingDetails to MappedFeature which would force a mandatory “specification/GeologicFeature” link for DrillingDetails which is undesirable.

 2.  Bruce’s BoreholeSamples class is covered by the existing Borehole/relatedSamplingFeature/SF_Specimen model.  SF_Specimen has a samplingLocation/GM_Object link in it already which can link a specimen to its location within a borehole.

 3.  I have proposed a 0..* multiplicity for boreholeMaterialCustodian.  This does not specifically identify which parts of a borehole are housed where, but it is a simple model that I think would cover both John’s and Bruce’s needs.  If you need to specifically link some borehole material (ie, specimen) to a particular custodian, then there is already SF_Specimen/currentLocation.

 4.  John’s idea for multiple Collar Locations is not logical to me – a borehole has only one collar.

 5.  I’ve also added “voidable” stereotypes just to indicate where links are nillable.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CC2B4C.E82528C0]

Project Leader
National Geological Maps and Data Standards Project<http://www.ga.gov.au/minerals/projects/current-projects/geological-maps-standards.html>
Geoscience Australia

Interoperability Working Group<https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/wiki/bin/view/CGIModel/InteroperabilityWG>

Ph: +61 2 62499575  |  Fax: +61 2 62479992  |  Email: oliver.raymond at ga.gov.au<mailto:oliver.raymond at ga.gov.au>  |  Google Map<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=canberra+australia&ie=UTF8&ll=-35.344028,149.158362&spn=0.007684,0.016404&t=h&z=17&iwloc=addr&om=1>