[auscope-geosciml] [SVN] Marcus Sen changed the GeoSciML subversion repository [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Sen, Marcus A. mase at bgs.ac.uk
Wed Jun 15 04:23:38 EDT 2011

In an earlier email...

No-one did, so I did :-)

I think my reasoning above is still correct. We should update all instance documents to work with the latest rc we have when we can and then to work with the final release version when that is released. We don't want to keep around instance docs for old rc's. Creating instance documents to conform to each Schema version trails behind the Schema release anyway, they don't all validate against RC2 currently (BRGM instance doesn't using oXygen, most of them don't using XML Spy). We want people to be able to put incomplete instances, not just finished ones, in the directory so they can be discussed. They may or may not have been made to validate by the time we release rc3, at that stage we don't need an rc2 directory of instances in various stages of having been made valid and complete wrt to rc2, we should work on updating them all to rc3.

The directory naming isn't entirely satisfactory at the moment as some are used for Schemas, some for instances etc. but we can discuss changes to the general structure at Edinburgh.