[auscope-geosciml] GeoSciML3 Borehole Collar

Laxton, John L. jll at bgs.ac.uk
Thu Jun 16 07:05:56 EDT 2011

Hi,

I think a 1..* for CollarLocation is fine as long as it can be made absolutely unambiguous which is the elevation for the downhole log as Ollie says.

As far as the location/elevation properties are concerned my understanding was that location can accommodate a 3D point and elevation is only there if, for software reasons, it has been decided to use 2D geometry in location. So unless we are confident everyone can use a 3D point this separation would still seem to be valid.

Mapping the movement of the BoreholeCollar over time seems to be going a bit too far. The Borehole itself, and thus the original BoreholeCollar, could have a datestamp through the metadata.