[auscope-geosciml] GeoSciML3 Borehole Collar [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Sen, Marcus A. mase at bgs.ac.uk
Tue Jun 21 03:39:06 EDT 2011

I don't have much practical knowledge of boreholes either but I remember that at an early stage of GeoSciML we looked at WITSML (http://www.energistics.org/witsml-standard) but decided it dealt with a lot of complex details outside our real requirements. If we are going to have more complex borehole modelling of details like collar locations, maybe someone familiar with the issues should take another look at WITSML to see how it does things?