[auscope-geosciml] Meeting with Don Murray (Safe Software president) [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Duffy, Tim trd at bgs.ac.uk
Fri Jun 24 05:55:06 EDT 2011

Hi all - sorry I have been unable to catch up with this issue on the email list until now. Just FYI I have met Don for last two INSPIRE conferences in a row - last time indeed at the conference dinner. And Indeed that Thursday evening now being proposed IS the Gala dinner for this conference ( which presumably Don is going to with his family? Perhaps not by inference) which I am already booked on and others maybe. So hold it on Thursday evening and miss the conference networking dinner (and me, not all that want to can attend I'm sure) or hold it on Friday evening if everyone still around.
Notes: Bruce you described this meeting as with ESRI - this is FME not ESRI but I know what you mean- we should be getting the formal ESRI inc. position on supporting WFS'/Geosciml 3 from Clemens Portele on the Monday of the GeoSciML F2F testbed report.
I note that Don has asked for this meeting regarding import/export of Geosciml. My discussions with him in the past have been about what WFS they are going to offer (to answer Eric's question) - and the surprise answer last year was 'we are going with recommending using Deegree on top of our software rather than implementing their own WFS web service (FME now has other web services)' - that was when Deegree had suddenly announced it would be INSPIRE compliant quickly, it will be interesting to find out what has happened since last June. We note that Deegree still not visibly offering a WFS2 yet and I did think they would have by now.

Regards
John is organising this dinner with Don  whichever/whenever it finally happens just for clarity.

Tim

Tim R Duffy

Geospatial Information Systems
British Geological Survey
Murchison House
West Mains Road
Edinburgh
United Kingdom
EH9 3LA

Tel (Switchboard and tannoy) 0131 667 1000
Tel (direct dial): 0131 650 0378
Fax: 0131 668 2683

E-mail: trd at bgs.ac.uk<mailto:trd at bgs.ac.uk> <mailto:trd at bgs.ac.uk>
Information: www.bgs.ac.uk<http://www.bgs.ac.uk> <http://www.bgs.ac.uk>