[auscope-geosciml] OGC UCUM UOM URIs - %

Simon.Cox at csiro.au Simon.Cox at csiro.au
Tue Jun 28 04:09:53 EDT 2011

I stand corrected. Indeed it is a URI requirement to encode various reserved characters including '%'.

Back to Alistair's question: in what context are you using the URI form to identify UOMs?
The GML 3.2 schema allows for either the URI or the UCUM symbol directly - unencoded.
See definition for simpleType UomSymbol in http://schemas.opengis.net/gml/3.2.1/basicTypes.xsd .
So if you are concerned about it being easy to type, don't worry about URIs and % encoding!

Simon