[auscope-geosciml] Testbed 4: Schematron rules, instance documents and model review

Tellez-Arenas Agnes a.tellez-arenas at brgm.fr
Mon May 2 04:20:27 EDT 2011

Dear all,

I have updated https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/wiki/bin/view/CGIModel/GeoSciML3SchematronRules with some comments about the rules that would be required to apply filter on age and lithology. Please find bellow those comments/questions:

Lithology

    * In order to be able to request the "main" lithology, we must define one lithology per compositionPart, and use the proportion of the composition part to determine the main one
    * But, as the proportion is now defined using numbers, it will be difficult (or even impossible) to extract the "main". We can only use cgu:estimatedValue, swe:value (considering that uom is always %), to propose filter searching for lithology "more than 50%" (for instance). But if we have several lithology (20%, 20%, 20M, 40%), the main one won't match this filter.
    * The lithology must be expressed using the CGI vocabulary (in the xling:href attribute)

Age

    * Without preferred age (if we have several GeologicEvent in the GeologicHistory), how to determine what age should be requested?
    * If we are able to know what geologicEvent should be request,
          o we could use <gsml:olderNamedAge xlink:href="urn:cgi:classifier:ICS:StratChart:200908:UpperOrdovician"/>, so it is required to give an olderNamedAge using the controlled vocabulary.

Best regards

Agnès