[auscope-geosciml] RE : MappedFeature

Wed May 11 06:23:42 EDT 2011

OR...

a) voided properties has the value of the previous feature of the same type and at the same hierarchical position (borrow from a root feature if it is itself at root position)

b) has a property at the root of the feature that says, must get voided property from a specific guy

<MappedFeature>
<defaultValue xlink:href="#m1"/>
</MappedFeature>

then sorting is not relevant and allow to point to an external "alpha" feature that has all properties defined.

even crazier ?

________________________________

De: auscope-geosciml-bounces at lists.arcs.org.au de la part de Laxton, John L.
Date: mer. 2011-05-11 05:53
À: auscope-geosciml at lists.arcs.org.au
Objet : Re: [auscope-geosciml] MappedFeature

You could indeed represent the same GeologicFeature with different MappedFeatures (eg for maps at different scales) which would have different values for positionalAccuracy and spatialResolution. But all the MappedFeatures on either of those maps would almost certainly have the same value for positionalAccuracy and spatialResolution. As Eric says we want an easy way to say these are the values for all MappedFeatures on this map, without having to repeat the information on every single individual MappedFeature. Cannot the metadata do this - as I recall there are 19115  properties for positional accuracy and spatial resolution? We could then give the MappedFeature positionalAccuracy and spatialResolution properties a cardinality of (0..1) and they would usually only be populated for field maps as these are the only type of map where this information might either vary between or be known for individual MappedFeatures.