[auscope-geosciml] GA_MappedFeature_GeologicUnit_wfs2.0 instance

Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au
Wed May 11 23:26:19 EDT 2011

A. Validation Errors
Has anyone using XMLSpy without local catalogs been able to validate the
instance documents?
I get two problems:

1. A mismatch between the declared namespace and the target namespace
gives this error:
File
GeoSciML\branches\3.0.0_rc2\instances\GA_MappedFeature_GeologicUnit_wfs2.0.xml
could not be validated because of an error in XML Schema/DTD (see below)
        Schema at location
'http://schemas.geosciml.org/geosciml/3.0/geosciml.xsd' has target
namespace 'http://xmlns.geosciml.org/GeoSciML/3.0' rather than
'http://xmlns.geosciml.org/GeoSciML-Core/3.0'.
                Details
                        schema_reference: Schema at location
'http://schemas.geosciml.org/geosciml/3.0/geosciml.xsd' has target
namespace 'http://xmlns.geosciml.org/GeoSciML/3.0' rather than
'http://xmlns.geosciml.org/GeoSciML-Core/3.0'.

I don't understand how Oxygen ignores this problem (are you sure you are
not using a local cache?)

2. Changing the namespace to "http://xmlns.geosciml.org/GeoSciML/3.0
http://schemas.geosciml.org/geosciml/3.0/geosciml.xsd" results in the
following error:
'sam:SamplingFeatureComplex' is already declared in schema document
'http://schemas.opengis.net/sampling/2.0/samplingFeature.xsd'.
        Error location: schema / element
        Details
                sch-props-correct.2: 'sam:SamplingFeatureComplex' is
already declared in schema document
'http://schemas.opengis.net/sampling/2.0/samplingFeature.xsd'.

This error varies but always relates to and O&M class. Is this a result of
importing both http://www.opengis.net/swe/1.0/gml32 and
http://www.opengis.net/sampling/2.0? We had the same error in an earlier
version of GeoSciML but I can't recall how we fixed it.

B. Content
<gml:identifier codeSpace="http://www.ga.gov.au">
GA.MappedFeature.ID.GeologicUnitPolygons1M.104661</gml:identifier>
<gml:identifier codeSpace="http://www.ga.gov.au">
GA.GeologicUnit.Stratno.GeologicUnitPolygons1M.25467</gml:identifier>

I believe these should be http-URIs with codeSpace="
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2616". eg:
<gml:identifier codeSpace="http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2616">
http://geoscience.gov.au/resource/uri-cgi/feature/
GA.GeologicUnit.Stratno.GeologicUnitPolygons1M.25467</gml:identifier>

Senior Information Geoscientist
GeoScience Victoria/Australian Spatial Research Data Commons
Level 9, 55 Collins St
PO Box 4440
Melbourne, Victoria, 3001
Australia