[auscope-geosciml] GA_MappedFeature_GeologicUnit_wfs2.0 instance [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Thu May 12 20:17:20 EDT 2011

Hi Bruce,

1. I tested what Oxygen would throw up if I created a GeologicUnit instance doc using three different schemas as the root.  The following 3 xml snippets are what Oxygen creates as a template when I choose either geologicUnit.xsd, geosciml-core.xsd, or geosciml.xsd as the root schema to start a new instance doc.  Oxygen inserts the "GeoSciML-Core" namespace in each one.  They all validate in Oxygen (both with and without using a local catalog).

<GeologicUnit xmlns="http://xmlns.geosciml.org/GeoSciML-Core/3.0"
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://xmlns.geosciml.org/GeoSciML-Core/3.0 http://schemas.geosciml.org/geosciml-core/3.0/geologicUnit.xsd"

<GeologicUnit xmlns="http://xmlns.geosciml.org/GeoSciML-Core/3.0"
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://xmlns.geosciml.org/GeoSciML-Core/3.0 http://schemas.geosciml.org/geosciml-core/3.0/geosciml-core.xsd"

<GeologicUnit xmlns="http://xmlns.geosciml.org/GeoSciML-Core/3.0"
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://xmlns.geosciml.org/GeoSciML-Core/3.0 http://schemas.geosciml.org/geosciml/3.0/geosciml.xsd"

2.  The error you get with the ISO19156 (O&M2) schemas is probably because when we created GSML v3rc2 the ISO19156 schemas were not available at the OGC public site, so we got an advance copy of the schemas and put them in the SEEGRID repository for us to test.  Now that the O&M2 schemas are available at the OGC site, XMLSpy is probably getting itself in a knot reading two occurrences of these schemas.  The problem should (might?) go away when we cease using the SEEGRID copy of the O&M2 schemas in any future GSML schemas.

Project Leader
National Geological Maps and Data Standards Project<http://www.ga.gov.au/minerals/projects/current-projects/geological-maps-standards.html>
Geoscience Australia

Interoperability Working Group<https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/wiki/bin/view/CGIModel/InteroperabilityWG>

Ph: +61 2 62499575  |  Fax: +61 2 62479992  |  Email: oliver.raymond at ga.gov.au<mailto:oliver.raymond at ga.gov.au>  |  Google Map<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=canberra+australia&ie=UTF8&ll=-35.344028,149.158362&spn=0.007684,0.016404&t=h&z=17&iwloc=addr&om=1>