[auscope-geosciml] Fw: XMLSpy refuses to validate GeoSciML instance documents [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Tue May 17 00:05:41 EDT 2011

oops, small  typo corrected....

________________________________
From: auscope-geosciml-bounces at lists.arcs.org.au [mailto:auscope-geosciml-bounces at lists.arcs.org.au] On Behalf Of Raymond Oliver
Sent: Tuesday, 17 May 2011 2:01 PM
To: auscope-geosciml at lists.arcs.org.au
Subject: [QUAR] Re: [auscope-geosciml] Fw: XMLSpy refuses to validate GeoSciML instance documents ISSUE=33916 PROJ=9 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

OK, the “already declared” problem is a different problem that I think will disappear with pointing our new schemas to schemas.opengis.net.

At least the namespace problem has gone away when using a root schema other than geosciml.xsd.  It appears that the v3rc2 schemas instance docs will not validate in XMLSpy if we use the geosciml.xsd schema as the root schema.  eg: we should use geosciml-core.xsd or geologicUnit.xsd for GeologicUnits; use laboratoryAnalsysis-Specimen.xsd or laboratoryAnalysis.xsd for AnalyticalInstruments, etc.

I don’t think XMLSpy would ever validate an instance document which uses the parent geosciml.xsd as the root schema.  The features that we are delivering all have the namespaces of their individual packages (eg, “GeoSciML-Core”, “Borehole”, etc), so the namespace of the root geosciml.xsd schema (ie, “GeoSciML”) will never match the namespace of the serialised feature in an instance document.

Does anybody have any idea of how to change geosciml.xsd such that it could be used as a root schema for a XMLSpy-validatable GeoSciML WFS?

PS.  Bruce, are you able, in XMLSpy, to validate GeoSciML v2 instance documents that use the parent version2 geosciml.xsd schema?