[auscope-geosciml] [ExternalEmail] This mailing list will be shut down

Stephen Richard steve.richard at azgs.az.gov
Thu May 19 01:17:16 EDT 2011

I recently talked with David Arctur about getting a GeoDWG effort under way.
He suggested we might be able to form a Standards Working group (SWG) under
the Earth Systems SWG. This might require less effort to get off the ground,
and we'd have to schedule meeting time with the ESS DWG at the OGC TC
meetings.

One item we can pursue in the near term is a 'fast track' release of
GeoSciML v2.0 (?2.1?), following a process similar to that used to get
NetCDF 1.6 on the books.  This was discussed alittle back in January, but
perhaps its time to act.

Tucson, Arizona, 85701  USA

phone: 520 209-4127

AZGS Main: (520) 770-3500.  FAX: (520) 770-3505

email: steve.richard at azgs.az.gov