[GeoSciML] RE : GeologicUnit vocabulary - how do you treat geological provinces [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Thu Aug 2 19:58:26 EDT 2012

>Do you think it appropriate that we add these geological province types to the GeologicUnitType vocabulary?

Are these GeologicUnitType formal (or the reverse question, are GeologicUnitType meant to be formally defined unit as they are in the some stratigraphic code ).  Otherwise, aren't they "informal unit" (which is also missing)

>What does your geological organisation capture/deliver?

We do have those rank / unit type as well, but they are loosely controlled.