[GeoSciML] GeologicUnit vocabulary - how do you treat geological provinces [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Simon.Cox at csiro.au Simon.Cox at csiro.au
Thu Aug 2 21:26:12 EDT 2012

Ollie -

All looks sensible *except* the assumption that the new concepts should be added to the CGI vocabulary.
You can define a GA vocabulary, which imports the CGI vocabulary and extends it with additional terms.
That way you can manage your own requirements.

Of course, if there is community agreement they can be promoted to CGI, but I do suggest that you should get used to the idea that some things can and should be handled more locally.

Simon