[GeoSciML] Tongariro [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Ben Caradoc-Davies Ben.Caradoc-Davies at csiro.au
Tue Aug 7 21:08:25 EDT 2012

Last I heard Auckland-Wellington flights were not disrupted as the ash
cloud was too low. Local and eastern flights are disrupted (there are
also a large number of commuter planes grounded because of stress
fractures). Forecast rainy weather is favourable for ash dissipation.
Tongariro tracks and huts still closed (Pavel went walking in the area
after the 2011 SISS workshop in Wellington).

On 07/08/12 22:45, Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au wrote:
> ~250 km north of Wellington
>
> ash cloud is heading east (at the moment) which is good

Software Engineer
Australian Resources Research Centre