[GeoSciML] Schematron Info for checking 1). Your basic GeoSciML 3.0 instance doc examples 2) candidate OneGeology query tool valid services 3). feedback for improvement/addition to the current rules

Duffy, Tim trd at bgs.ac.uk
Tue Aug 14 00:01:28 EDT 2012

As discussed at today's CGI-IWG GeoSciML session in Wellington: please check your GeoSciML 3.0 instances/WFS services against this schematron file.
This has evolved from Pavel's rules last year with additions (including a specific OneGeology profile - ignore the messages from that test phase if you are not offering such a candidate) .
We (Marcus and I) fully expect to have some people say 'I need to change something in my instance' and others say ' I disagree with this rule should it not be expressed differently?' and others to say 'I suggest an addtional rule'.
Please share this feedback on this list and we can refine the schematron rules until we agree this as a basic version 1.0 at which point it will be published alongside the 3.0 schemas (and will be offered as a tool for oneGeology 5 star candidate services).
Once your instance documents have passed this agreed v1.0 then Ollie can transfer such valid instance documents to the new 3.0 instance document place n the coming new redesigned GeoSciMl web pages.
Note that BGS has used its production copy of snowflake Gopublisher WFS 2.0 to create the  service below which it thinks passes these rules and the OneGeology profile also:
"We have now put a production version of our GeoSciML v3.0 service for public access at:

http://ogc.bgs.ac.uk/digmap625k_gsml30_gp/wfs?service=wfs&acceptversions=2.0.0&request=GetCapabilities

This is the same as the service that you have been using on ogcdev.bgs.ac.uk except that metadata like access conditions, contact details etc. have now been updated.

Please can you register this as the WFS for the following 3 WMS layers in the 1GG portal to replace the old GIN Mediator cocoon based GeoSciml v2 ones:

GBR BGS 1:625k Bedrock Age
GBR BGS 1:625k Bedrock Lithology
GBR BGS 1:625k Bedrock Lithostratigraphy

The same WFS is appropriate for all 3 layers as it contains age, lithology and lithostratigraphy properties. We don't have a GeoSciML v3 WFS to replace those currently registered for the Superficial layers so please leave those as the old cocoon ones.
"

For those involved with or interested in the new developing ESRI WFS 2.0 GeoSciML 3.0 initial prototype services please pass feedback/comments on these (using perhaps also the schematron) to Ollie Raymond and he will collate such responses and feed back to ESRI (Roberto Lucchi).

These test ESRI WFS 2.0 services are found on the onegeology portal at:

1). BGS: http://ec2-54-247-3-105.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com/arcgis/rest/services/BGS/BGSFeatureService/GeoDataServer/exts/InspireFeatureDownload/service? for service layer GBR BGS 1:625k Bedrock Lithostratigraphy

2). GA: http://ec2-54-247-3-105.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com/arcgis/rest/services/GA/TasmaniaFeatureServiceTest/GeoDataServer/exts/InspireFeatureDownload/service?

attached to layer tasmania TAS GA 1:1M Geologic Unit polygons - Lithostratigraphy

3). USGIN: http://ec2-54-247-3-105.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com/arcgis/rest/services/MyGeoDataService33/GeoDataServer/exts/InspireFeatureDownload/service

attached to layer  USA USGIN 1:3M Geologic Age.

Kind regards

Tim for CGI-IWG