[GeoSciML] pattern to use for decoupling packages in OGC type modular implementation

Simon.Cox at csiro.au Simon.Cox at csiro.au
Thu Aug 16 21:32:16 EDT 2012

There is a lot of sense to that.
What I proposed in my mails in June was to go straight to the pattern below and implicitly to put the 'complete' model aside.
But I recognize that there are merits in having the complete model for view as an abstract model, perhaps being less picky about cardinalities and omitting 'nillable' concerns altogether.
The question then would be how to link from the implementation model to the abstract model, which presumably acts as the 'canonical' view and would have a lot of semantic description embedded.
Do you have explicit dependencies from each class or even attribute and association in the implementation view back to the abstract model?
If not, then they will certainly drift apart ...