[auscope-geosciml] FW: [CityGML.swg] CityGML SWG: result of evote: solving backwards compatibility problem [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Wed Feb 8 18:10:44 EST 2012

Hi GeoSciML'ers,

Some of you may not be aware of the great dramas that the CityGML community have been having in trying to get their latest version approved by OGC - they have not followed the versioning rules properly and have been trying to get an exemption from the rules, which would then be a precedent that may understandably cause OGC grief in the future (or force OGC to change their rules).

I don't predict a similar issue for us with OGC, but it is a cautionary tale for us to make sure that all our ducks are perfectly lined up before we present GeoSciML v3 to OGC.

Section Leader
National Geological Maps and Data Standards Section<http://www.ga.gov.au/minerals/projects/current-projects/geological-maps-standards.html>
Geoscience Australia

Interoperability Working Group<https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/wiki/bin/view/CGIModel/InteroperabilityWG>

Ph: +61 2 62499575 | Fax: +61 2 62499917 | Email: oliver.raymond at ga.gov.au<mailto:oliver.raymond at ga.gov.au> | Google Map<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=canberra+australia&ie=UTF8&ll=-35.344028,149.158362&spn=0.007684,0.016404&t=h&z=17&iwloc=addr&om=1>