[auscope-geosciml] FW: OneGeology Schematron rules

Bruce.Simons at csiro.au Bruce.Simons at csiro.au
Wed May 23 19:04:18 EDT 2012

Following discussions between Simon, Alistair, myself and Jonathon Yu, I suggest that for Tagged Values asDictionary = 'true', the schema URI (e.g. http://resource.geosciml.org/classifier/cgi/geologicunittype) be included in the dictionaryIdentifier tagged value.

This would allow a generic Schematron rule along the lines 'where asDictionary='true', xlink:href value must be a member of dictionaryIdentifier scheme'. The content check could be resolved using SPARQL on a vocabulary service.

This has the upside of not needing to investigate the Schematron rules to find out which dictionary is being used (its specified in the UML).
The downside is that the dictionaries are bound to the UML. It could be considered a CGI Profile of GeoSciML and a change of vocabulary is a change in Profile.

SDI Information Modeller
Land and Water/ Environmental Information Systems
CSIRO
E bruce.simons at csiro.au T +61 3 9252 6514 M +61 429 177155
PO Box 56, Highett, Victoria, 3190
www.csiro.au | www.csiro.au/science/Environmental-Information-Systems