[auscope-geosciml] [ExternalEmail] Re: Borehole sampling curve [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Guillaume.Duclaux at csiro.au Guillaume.Duclaux at csiro.au
Thu May 31 20:03:02 EDT 2012

+1 for  "Because all Boreholes do have a shape, just some databases don’t."

Dr Guillaume Duclaux
Research Scientist
Earth Science and Resource Engineering
CSIRO
E guillaume.duclaux at csiro.au<mailto:guillaume.duclaux at csiro.au> P +61 2 9490 8246 M +61 4 5983 5992
Earth Sciences Centre, 11 Julius Avenue, North Ryde, NSW 2113
www.csiro.au<http://www.csiro.au/> | Tellus<http://tellus.csiro.au/> 3D-parallel Surface-Dynamics modelling software
Honorary Associate<http://www.geosci.usyd.edu.au/people/st_duclaux.shtml> | School of Geosciences - The University of Sydney
Interoperability Working Group<https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/wiki/bin/view/CGIModel/InteroperabilityWG> | IUGS Commission for the Management and Application of Geoscience Information

PLEASE NOTE

On 01/06/2012, at 9:27 AM, <Bruce.Simons at csiro.au<mailto:Bruce.Simons at csiro.au>> wrote:

>  that there was a mandatory “shape” (ie, curve) element
Because all Boreholes do have a shape, just some databases don’t.

(“A borehole without a shape is like a fish without a bicycle” is a well-known 1970s saying – or was that a woman without a man?)