[GeoSciML] meeting of the working groups of GeoSciML/OneGeology 2013 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Duffy, Tim trd at bgs.ac.uk
Mon Nov 5 12:34:48 EST 2012

Ollie - from the 1GG point of view this original offer from Grigory to hold it in St Petersburg was very clear and made a lot of sense with regards moving it around the world to a new venue to engage willing new participants/regions - it would further encourage them to get involved in 1GG and that included offering 1GG WFS services and using CGI dictionaries within them and contributing to further development of CGi dictionaries.
By next year 1GG funding should in theory be on a more sensible footing so that I feel, as you ask,  if the next annual Geosciml ( by then  one of the  official OGC geosciml SWG meetings)/GTWG meetings cannot be at the same time as the 1GG TWG one in St Petersburg then fine let them be separate, and the CGI council meeting has often been separate anyway. If they can all be then in 'early or middle June' as Grigory  says then all the better.

Cheers
Tim
Co-chair 1GG TWG.